Spotify Radio repeating the same 6 songs

Highlighted

Spotify Radio repeating the same 6 songs

lonezhao

For some reason my spotify radio is only repeating somewhere between 6-10 of the same tracks and not introducing much new music at all. Is anyone else having this problem and is there a way to fix it?

6 Replies

Re: Spotify Radio repeating the same 6 songs

Jordi
Community Legend

Hi there welcome to the community,

At first, sorry for the delay.

Just to confirm :-) At the "Now playing" screen, do you have repeat mode (button left bottom) enabled? Is it green and does it display a 1 too, or is it just marked green? If so, tap it twice so that it will be marked as green so it will be at normal repeat mode.

If that doesn't work I would recommend doing a full reinstallation of the app.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

psychicdog
Regular

I've been having the same problem for a few months, and it's not the repeat button. I have this problem on my iPhone as well as desktop. Any given station will only play about 10 different songs. They are always in the same order. I have reinstalled on both devices and the problem has not been fixed. Thumbs downing songs also does not work: the same song will show right back up. I am forced to use Pandora now if I want to listen to the radio.

dimentia78

I am having the same problem with radio. I'll listen to a station for approx half an hour then the station will repeat the last 3-4 songs continuously, skipping them does not help, it's quite frustrating. 

Lorenzo_NGG
Roadie
Spotify's radio has to be rewritten from the scratch since it's totally useless. No personalization, no variety and so on...I'm actually using Slacker/Pandora for my radio needs.

Liznehr
I'm having this same issue and it's so frustrating - has anyone found a solution?

BallardRunner

I have same issue.  

It's happening with both playlists and radio -- I don't have repeat on.  I've noticed that the queue has a number of unique songs listed but will periodically (actually, fairly frequently) reshuffle the same songs toward the top.  

I can skip, skip, skip... to a new song -- but that's an annoying work-around.

SUGGESTED POSTS