Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Running, Offline

Spotify Running, Offline

Lets face it, as great as spotify running is, not everywhere we run has wifi. Not everyone has unlimited data plans on their mobiles either. There should atleast be a option to offline sync a running playlist... What are your thoughts on this?

https://keybase.io/joshhighet
9 Replies

Hey @joshhighet

We don't have any information regarding this for now, but we'll definitely pass on your interest to the relevant team.

We have a number of updates on the way for Running - hopefully this is something we can implement.

@joshhighet wrote:

Lets face it, as great as spotify running is, not everywhere we run has wifi. Not everyone has unlimited data plans on their mobiles either. There should atleast be a option to offline sync a running playlist... What are your thoughts on this?

Agreed 100%.  It would be great to add a BPM tag to all the songs so you can create your own playlists from music you have saved to your phone for OFFLINE use.  I run marathons and to save battery for the whole race, offline spotify use is a must.  If you could simply add the BPM tag to the songs, users could easily create their own custom playlists at the rate they want.

Here is a workaround in the meantime

http://static.echonest.com/SortYourMusic/

I really hope Running will be fully available offline in the next update. I'm a premium member and I pay to be able to listen to Spotify without using my data. I guess this feature use GPS, technically it should be possible? Other apps such as RunKeeper work offline.

When this feature is available, I will pay for premium. Let me know when, Spotify. Just let me know!

me too

No one said nothing concrete on spotify? Iยดm also a long distance running. No way to use data plans to listen spotify running playlists.

For anyone looking for a immediate workaround: If you create a playlist with the same songs as the one in running and sync it you will be able to use running offline. You still need a connection to start playing, but then you can turn it off and it will keep going.

Hey, Spotify offline is allowed to be used for premium member, so the free member will be disappointed when searching for the ways to listen to Spotify Offline. But here comes a solution, the TuneFab Spotify Music Converter. People can use this tool to help you with downloading Spotify Music for offline listening.

Thanks mate, but I AM a premium member....

Suggested posts