Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Up Next Button Missing

Solved!

Spotify Up Next Button Missing

Hello all

Considering there is no way to add external storage to the old iPhone 4S that my niece gave me, I succumbed and bought myself an iPad Pro 9.7 with 128GB.  Having synced with the files on my PC, I was dismayed to find that Spotify was playing the same 6 or 7 songs over and over, even though I had asked it to shuffle.  I would have known that this is what it was going to do if I could have looked at the ‘Up Next’ menu, just like I used to do in Android.  But for some reason the button was not there at all.  (I feel so annoyed that I keep hitting a brick wall in an effort to get this working properly.)

Having researched the lack of ability to clear the cache I reluctantly uninstalled Spotify and restarted the iPad.  I then reinstalled Spotify and once again synced with the files on my PC.  This time when I pressed shuffle I cycled forward through a dozen or so songs and I am hoping that one half of my problem has now been resolved.

The other half of my problem is that the ‘Up Next’ button is still nowhere to be seen!  Particularly frustrating as in Android I preferred to veto the list.  I was really hoping that the iPad would increase functionality but in the case of Spotify, the settings menu is so inadequate that I feel it is a step backwards.  I want to ask why can’t we have all the best bits from Apple and Android in the one product or app but I know that will provoke a substantially detailed discussion?  For now I just need to get the ‘Up Next’ button to make an appearance.

Incidentally I just checked my Spotify account on the iPhone 4S and the ‘Up Next’ button is alive and kicking.  So why is it not coming up on the iPad?

Any ideas?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Rich

Spotify Up Next Button Missing.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @rigster79, welcome to the Spotify Community!

You can consider adding a kudo to this idea 😉

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @rigster79, welcome to the Spotify Community!

You can consider adding a kudo to this idea 😉

Many thanks, OviiiOne

I find it so frustrating that I can't listen to my own MP3 in the manner that I would like...

It is ridiculous to have a function available on Android and/or iPhone but not on iPad being as it is bigger with more space and more features!!!

I really feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall with Spotify.

Hopefully they will implement the idea shortly.

Regards, Rich

The "Up next" button is missing on my iPhone 6 too, so this is not iPad related.

Suggested posts