Spotify and Apple Watch

Re: Spotify and Apple Watch

edu2525
Visitor

I'm also a big fan of Spotify but if this doesn't get addressed soon I will have to switch. Spotify can't be lacking and staying behind on one of the most important devices for the future. It's not good for your company and not good for your users.

Get it together spotify team!

BeatsBox
Visitor

Such a shame. I have family account and I am forced to move to Apple Music. So long Spotify 

Csm42

I am also considering switching to Apple Music as someone who plans on buying a new Apple Watch in the next few months. This is disappointing. I love Spotify but the whole point of my buying an Apple Watch is to be able to ditch my phone while I run/workout. If I can't have that with Spotify, then sadly the backup (and only) option of Apple Music will have to do.  I've delayed making this decision long enough; Spotify please work on solving this issue ASAP!

Pedalen
Casual Listener

I were a big fan of Spotify. But now our family have switched to Apple music due to the lack of offlineplaying with Apple watch. Works perfectly and don’t even think we’ll switch back to Spotify after the arrogance they show their customers with Apple watch.

Instead they released offline playing with garmin music watches. Better if they said that this is strategic and that they won’t release offline version for Apple watch. Shame!

KeepItReal
Casual Listener

Spotify 

Please respond and outline the plan for offline support on the Apple Watch.

I love Spotify but this is a showstopper for me. Given this has been a hot topic for over 6 months, i have found it very frustrating that Spotify has failed to provide an adequate response. (I’m sure Spotify users understand the answer will be complicated but stating ‘watch this space’ for a year is not acceptable.)

The new Apple Watch will release in September. If you fail to respond by then I will have to cancel my subscriptions and move to Apple Music.

ErJButler
Regular

The only explanation I can see is that Spotify is just pure calculating cruelty.

They know Apple Music is absolute garbage.

They know my protest unsub to Spotify will be reversed likely within a week.

Why put forth the negligible effort it takes to tie into Apple Watch API when they can spend those nickels and dimes elsewhere.

Unless it's just a petty squabble with Apple.

Remember Rhapsody once seemed to think that they were invincible and didn't see a need to work on high demand feature requests.

Land_kujira
Casual Listener

The fact they did it for Garmin watches, which are used by like NOBODY, is an embarassment to what Spotify used to be.

I've been using it for my entire music library since it first came to the US from Sweden, but the jump to Apple Music is feeling like less and less of an ordeal if Spotify can't provide something so basic. There are even services to migrate my playlists, and I can see why those services were created.

Jonesy_cj
Regular

Honestly come on. Just tell us whats happening. You’re losing people to terrible Apple music over stubbornness about a tiny feature. Come on!!!

Land_kujira
Casual Listener

Just started an Apple Music subscription, I’ll give Spotify a month, but it’s so easy to transfer playlists that I’ll leave for the convenience of having tunes on my Apple Watch

ramborobinson
Casual Listener

This answer is getting boring. Spotify bought out Snowy years ago which provided this function so you obviously know that people want it so stop asking people to vote and get on with it. It’s such a basic feature, and if there are Apple reasons why they won’t let you do it then just say instead of copying and pasting the same answer over and over. 

SUGGESTED POSTS