Spotify and Apple Watch

Re: Spotify and Apple Watch

Rufius
Casual Listener

This is so redicoulous. Why why why? They HAVE the technology with the Snowy purchase. I don't get why they move so slow. I was so happy to be using my new Apple Watch with Spotify but would've never believed that they just don't deliver.

I am glad that I was lucky enough to download Apollo, which lets me save Spotify playlist to use offline on Apple Watch, but the user experience sucks and it is just a workaround.

The worst thing is that Spotify is acting like this is a fancy feature that we want, which we have to convince Spotify of implementing. As if this would not be something very fundamental that much more people want and that Spotify is actively working on. Why not treat this differently and say: "Guys this is on our roadmap, we are working on it. Expect the feature sometime in Qx" or whatever.

I consider Apple music more and more now. But if Deezer comes out with it, I am gone here immediately.

ErJButler
Regular

The Spotify execs bought snowy for the specific purpose of snuffing out any Apple integration.

Petty and pathetic.

ramborobinson
Casual Listener
And stupid. Would have a lot more subscribers if there was integration.

jonnyfc
Visitor

Very poor response from Spotify. Have been a loyal customer for many years, however, have just started an apple music membership. Offline integration with apple watch for workouts is a basic feature. Spotify needs to step up.

wkwalshmd

/... Obviously we’re all angry about Spotify’s apathy towards and lack of disclosure regarding Apple Watch streaming.  No threats of leaving Spotify from me__ I just did.  Cancelled by premium family membership and switched to Apple Music.  I encourage others paying subscribers to do the same.  When they lose their paying base, customer service might become more of a priority.

R_Eliasson
Visitor

Also looking at Apple music now, always been using Spotify Premium but forced to look for new solutions.

Really bad from Spotify.

Stonems23
Casual Listener

Get outside your bubble and get in touch with your customers Spotify. Whoever this moderator is would have been better of not posting. You consistently push out mediocre updates that are tend to be worse that the previous version and when we tell you what's wrong we get a meaningless response time and time again. Goodbye to Spotify.

Stonems23
Casual Listener

@guido someone should remove your rights as a moderator for that response 

eagleton
Casual Listener

I love the new changes and wish Apple Music would let me delete albums but not the songs I liked. It's a major reason why I switched back to Spotify.

Ziii2
Visitor

read this on a site "https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/watchos-6/" . hopefully spotify will come out with an own app for watchOS 6 :

"watchOS 6 includes new tools for developers that will allow third-party apps to stream music, radio, and podcasts, so these features will no longer be limited to Apple's own apps. Apple says Core ML on Apple Watch uses the Neural Engine, which allows for faster processing of on-device inputs."

SUGGESTED POSTS