Spotify and Apple Watch

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify and Apple Watch

Music Fan
Well, Apple has a response as well: https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2019/03/addressing-spotifys-claims/

Nonetheless, allowing offline content on the Apple Watch is what this thread is about.
Highlighted

Music Fan

So I've read through all that timetoplayfair timeline which is indeed very interesting, and infact, a pity.

However, looking at specifically the progress outlined, Spotify is working since September 2018 on offline / streaming abilities for Apple Watch: 

Apple finally allows enhanced functionality for the Spotify app on the Apple Watch

With Watch OS 5, Apple allowed the Spotify team to start developing offline functionality

So I'm still wondering why after more than a year there hasn't been any statement on this. 

I'm still pretty sure that they have it almost ready. Just waiting for another bigger update in the coming weeks like the Siri integration.

Highlighted

Regular

@DesignByAdrian wrote:
Well, Apple has a response as well: https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2019/03/addressing-spotifys-claims/

Nonetheless, allowing offline content on the Apple Watch is what this thread is about.

Yeah, I have read it. It seems like a word against word.

But when you think who benefits of all this. Spotify... not wanting to develope a crucial feature that everyone would love to have because they just don't want to do it. Or they don't want to pay for developers and save some money. Hmm. 
Or Apple.. who just by change has a rival software and will have more and more customers every day because Spotify is missing an offline feature that will make Spotify users to hate them.

Highlighted

Regular

Been stuck with subscriptions to both services for months, but I think apple predictions finally are close enough that I can ditch Spotify.  Still not as good as Spotify, but I'll suffer a little to avoid supporting such a petty, spiteful company.

For others that are switching, there's a free SongShift app to transfer your library between services.

Highlighted

Visitor

Finally switched after years of Spotify to Apple Music. Spotify still have better playlists. But i dont want to run with keeping my phone.  SongShift does a great Job. 

Highlighted

2020 and still no offline support on Apple Watch

Visitor

Such a pity. I have also been waiting for some time now and me and many I know here in Norway are in the process of switching to Apple Music. Pandora support it now. Come on Spotify. Apple Watches sell more than the total watch industry in Switzerland every year. You'll lose many customers in the next couple of years if you don't change strategy.

Highlighted

Re: 2020 and still no offline support on Apple Watch

Visitor
lame of you Spotzify. You make your paying customers suffer just because of some silly Samsung deals you did, and they wont work. Truly dissapointed.
SUGGESTED POSTS