Spotify app keeps playing after picking up a phone call

Spotify app keeps playing after picking up a phone call

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 13.3.1

App Version 8.5.46.588

My Question or Issue

When playing music on Spotify, if I receive a phone call, the music stops, but after picking up, the music will continue playing. There have been other posts about this, but the only recommended solution was restarting my phone and reinstalling Spotify, which didn't help. This has happened with the original AirPods, AirPods Pro, and PowerBeats Pro.

2 Replies

Hey @creamcheesey,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

It'd be great for you to read this support site article and follow the relevant steps listed in it to see if Spotify works properly as a result.

If following the steps in the article doesn't do the trick, it'd be good to perform a clean reinstall and start with a brand-new as well as the latest version of the app. It'd be good to try (despite your previous attempts at reinstalling the app) since the suggested procedure is more thorough than a classic reinstall. Take a look at this Spotify answer to find out how this works for your iPhone.

If you're still experiencing what you reported, would you mind trying to reproduce the issue while having your iPhone connected to a different bluetooth device or headphones set and letting us know what happens? 

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mario,

Thanks. I did a clean reinstall as per the instructions in that article and am still having the same issue. I unfortunately don't have any other earphones/headsets to try this with. Is there any other information I can provide?

Suggested posts