Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app on Apple Watch (iOS 13 or watchOS6.0.) does not show elapsed time on the top left corner

Spotify app on Apple Watch (iOS 13 or watchOS6.0.) does not show elapsed time on the top left corner

Device

iPhone, Apple Watch

Operating System

iOS 13 and watchOS 6.0.1

My Question or Issue

With the latest update, it seems that the elapsed time (track time) of a song displayed on the top left corner of the Spotify app on Apple Watch dissapers. Now, it just displays "Spotify". Does this have to do with iSO 13? How do I bring it back?

test.JPG
31 Replies

I'm having this issue as well  PLEASE bring back the count down!

Same here. I got a Series 3 Wednesday night that was on watchOS 4 until I updated it that night, and it was gone using the app that next morning. Seems to be a wastchOS 6 issue.

Weird, i've been on WatchOS6 since the release date, and just noticed this today.  I did have the count down on Tuesday.  Maybe they pushed an update since then.  Please bring this back Spotify!

Same here. I think it was there for some time after watchOS6 for me, the at some point it just said "Spotify"

please bring it back

I’m having the same issue after updating my watch to OS6. I use my watch in the fitness classes that I teach and I feel lost without this feature. Please bring back the countdown!

I am having the same issue! Please bring back the track times! I need them for teaching my fitness classes, this was truly the only reason why I bought the watch and use spotify.

I’m a yoga instructor & have also noticed this! I can’t be going back & forth to my phone while teaching to check how long I have left in a song. Heeeeelp!

It was definitely there after watchOS 6; it only changed for me a few days ago (likely with v8.5.26). I don’t have a real use for it like some of you do with fitness, but I do appreciate being able to see how much time is left on a song.

2F0C663B-ACD7-4939-8AB3-A4E1C1B42306.png

Was really hoping to see a solution to this since I'm about to go teach a class and rely on this countdown. Come on Spotify. "How could you take the countdown away??", said lots of frustrated fitness teachers out there. 

Same issue here on 10/23/19; I’m also a yoga & meditation professional and this is very frustrating. Also noticed yesterday that when I try to change volume from my watch the track either stops completely or I have to control volume from my phone which is super tacky and inconvenient in a fitness environment. Please fix. 🙏🏻

Same problem here! What's the deal! 

#bringbackthecountdown

SAME!! This is happening for me too and also teach fitness classes that need this function for. Please switch this back ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Bringbackthecountdown  #Bringbackthecountdown  Or please tell us how to fix this!! 

no answer to this yet?? I was teaching a fitness class this evening and just noticed it! So frustrating!!!!! Please bring the countdown back!

The best thing you all can do at this point is click the "Me Too" button on OP raysonyam's post. I see that a lot of you use it for fitness and coaching purposes, which is wonderful. It's crazy how much we rely on such a small feature. Spotify really needs to listen to their community more, especially since there is no apparent reason for removing the countdown.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We can confirm that this is now the expected behaviour of the app.

If you'd like to see this changed back, feel free to head over to the Idea Exchange here, create a new idea for it, and add your vote to it. 

There's more information on how your feedback reaches Spotify through the Idea Exchange here.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

I have created a ticket in the "Idea Submission" - Please help to vote to bring back ths feature

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Mobile-Other-Please-bring-back-the-count-down-elap...

Thank you!!

"We can confirm that this is now the expected behaviour of the app.
If you'd like to see this changed back, feel free to head over to the Idea Exchange here, create a new idea for it, and add your vote to it. "

In other words, no, go suck an egg. Has ANY thing ever come back from the idea exchange once removed?

I just don't get WHY they would remove this aspect. Many people use it and no one certainly complains about it. Makes absolutely no sense.

Suggested posts