Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app on AppleTV 4K sounds horrid.

Spotify app on AppleTV 4K sounds horrid.

My wife got me an AppleTV 4K for my birthday Friday.  Even though AppleTV 4K is [supposedly] using Spotify Connect, it sounds like a 128k file compared to the native Spotify app on my DENON x7200.  It sounds lifeless.  Also, the soundstage is narrow and stops at my speakers (Paradigm Monitor p90 v1). The DENON app using true Spotify Connect has a very wide soundstage, about as wide to my mid surrounds.  Often it sounds like sound is coming from those surround sound speakers. The reference song I use is Chocolate Chip Trip.

Plan: Premium

Device: AppleTV 4K (5th gen)

Operating System: tvOS 13.2

My Question or Issue:  When will this issue be corrected and how often do you update Spotify apps on AppleTV 4K and other streaming devices?

3 Replies

Hey, I’ve got the very same issue, with you. I cross-checked by trying different Apple TV apps, Apple TV sound settings, I changed auxiliary cables, speakers - alas, to no avail. It’s due to Apple TV Spotify app itself. Can you please @spotify team fix it?

I have the same issue using airplay from iPhone to AppleTV. 
The sound is way better when using the AppleTV App directly. 

apple tv 4k spotify normalize level sound for all songs, there's now a difference . How to do? On a iPhone and iPad it's very easy.

Suggested posts