Spotify app shows different song playing from what's playing via Connect

Spotify app shows different song playing from what's playing via Connect

user-removed
Not applicable

NOTE: This isn't specific to iOS, as the desktop app has the same issue. It seems to be an issue with Connect rather.

When I'm playing a shuffled playlist, radio, or Daily Mix to a Spotify Connect device (Audiocast dongle), at some point, the apps (phone and computer) will show a different track playing from what's actually playing. The only way to reconcile this is to pause, play locally to the device, then reconnect to the Connect device.

Is this a known bug, or something that can please be fixed? Thank you!

7 Replies

Re: Spotify app shows different song playing from what's playing via Connect

alphonsoii
Casual Listener

I have noticed this too on my devices 

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hi @user-removed & @alphonsoii, welcome to the Community.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd also recommend installing the latest updates available.

If possible could you attach a screenrecording or screenshots when the issues is occurring? :)

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LoxerRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

user-removed
Not applicable

I've restarted and reinstalled, and it even happens on different devices. I'm fairly confident it's a Spotify Connect issue.

I don't think a screen recording would show the point, as it's literally PLAYING a different song from what it says is playing. You need to hear and know the songs, but trust me, it's happening.

I'm running Spotify 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b on macOS 10.14.2 and Spotify 8.4.79.933 on iOS 12.1.2.

PatrickMO45

A similar thing is happening to me. When listening to an album, after a couple songs it will start showing the next song not the current song. For example, track 4 starts playing, after a couple seconds the display showing the current song switches over to the info for track 5, while track 4 is still actually playing. From then on it’s constantly showing the wrong song.  It’s annoying to look at the screen and know it’s the wrong song for music I know. Even worse when listening to new music and hear a song I like. I look at the screen and don’t know if the song it says is the song I’m hearing. 

user-removed
Not applicable

Is this something you can report to the Spotify devs? It's a legit bug.

j_6tc6te-2qmk
Casual Listener

Spotify app shows different song playing from what's playing via Connect,

I tried all that was suggested 

i do, by Spotify technical support. and it did not fix this bug, it still bugs me plenty.

Highlighted

aldrik

Same phenomenon on my device (IOS - IPhone 7). Quite frustrating to not be able to only listen to my playlist.

SUGGESTED POSTS