Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app uses 2GB of my storage with no songs downloaded offline?

Spotify app uses 2GB of my storage with no songs downloaded offline?

I'm really considering switching to Apple Music after my 3 years as a spotify premium member because this is ridiculous.
I've undownloaded all of my songs and when I check my storage it still says spotify is using 2GB of my storage. I've deleted the app and re downloaded plenty of times but as I use the app it's storage use just goes right back up (even though I didn't download and songs).
I've got anywhere from upper 1000s and lower 2000s songs (which from what I read on these forums as long as they're not downloaded offline they shouldn't even take up any storage)
As of today, July 3 2017, I've got the most recent Spotify mobile update (8.4.3) and the most recent iOS update (10.3.2)
Is there a way to fix this issue or should I just make a full switch to Apple Music?
2 Replies

I'm having the same problem and thinking about switching if it's not fixed. My spotify app is using over 3 gbs of storage on my phone and this is after clearing cache and saved data, though there shouldn't have been any in the first place, I have no downloaded music. And when I clear cache, every process on my phone is slower and spotify won't open for a while.

The only way is uninstall and re-install Spotify.

Suggested posts