Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 6)

ios 11.4.1 

My Question or Issue

Since the switch from iTunes to Apple Music I have gotten around this issue by having one song saved but since I decided to cancel Apple Music I see that it erased the one song I had saved. Now when I plug my iPhone in it won't play anything on my phone including Spotify because it says "No Songs". By the way, I drive a 2007 Nissan Rouge if that matters at all. However, I don't want to pay $15 a month for Apple Music just to be able to listen to Spotify---are there any threads where this is addressed or does anyone have any suggestions?

6 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi Loxer, 

Thanks so much for your response. Unfortunately, I tried both and they don't seem to be working. The Spotify version I am running is 8.4.66.519 and it is on an iPhone 6. I'm at a loss here but looks like I will be having to resubscribe to Apple Music unless I find a workaround.

Hey @cranlacroix,

Sorry that it didn't help!

Could you please send a screenshot of what you're seeing there?

If possible could you try with another device or with another account?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Did you ever figure this out? I am experiencing the same thing.

Hey, I had the same problem in my ‘09 civic. Spotify and YouTube don’t work unless I have Apple Music downloaded. Because it’s an apple device I use, I assume that the USB must read a apple software is on the device in order for audio use to be allowed through usb. Possibly a security thing on apples end. I know it sucks, but go into the App Store/apple store and purchase one cheap song. I bought “All Along The Watchtower” by Jimi Hendrix and I didn’t need an Apple Music subscription. It works because not only do you have Apple Music (the app) downloaded, but the one song allows the stereo USB to access audio files across your entire device. Now I listen to Spotify and YouTube in my car. Only downside is buying a song ($1.99 at most) and Apple Music automatically starts when I plug my phone in but it’s just a matter of pulling up your song on Spotify and playing from there. 

Hey, I had the same problem in my ‘09 civic. Spotify and YouTube don’t work unless I have Apple Music downloaded. Because it’s an apple device I use, I assume that the USB must read a apple software is on the device in order for audio use to be allowed through usb. Possibly a security thing on apples end. I know it sucks, but go into the App Store/apple store and purchase one cheap song. I bought “All Along The Watchtower” by Jimi Hendrix and I didn’t need an Apple Music subscription. It works because not only do you have Apple Music (the app) downloaded, but the one song allows the stereo USB to access audio files across your entire device. Now I listen to Spotify and YouTube in my car. Only downside is buying a song ($1.99 at most) and Apple Music automatically starts when I plug my phone in but it’s just a matter of pulling up your song on Spotify and playing from there.

Suggested posts