Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can't play songs or tracks are skipping when played

Spotify can't play songs or tracks are skipping when played

I'm a premium user who streams on an Iphone 5s.

For the past two weeks, every time I try to play a song, the track skips forward and backward as if it's a CD that is skipping. It's almost impossible to use the app or listen to any music. At times, the app just completely skips to the next song without being able to play the track at all. I've searched all over the Internet and many other users seem to have this problem yet there are no solutions from anyone. There are recommendations out there from Spotify helpers, but all of them say to change the quality of streaming or turn off gapless playback or reinstall the app. LIke many other users, I have tried these recommendations and it DOES NOT work. Can anyone out there help? It's a pain to be paying for the premium service yet the app doesn't work and there is no help from any of the tech staff.

Hopefully someone out there can help. Please and thank you!!! 

3 Replies

Usually a reinstall of the app fixes most problem, but you said you have already tried that.

Have you tried contacting support?

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My husband and I are right there with you. Exact same situation. Will contact customer support for resolution....

@ablopez23 wrote:

I'm a premium user who streams on an Iphone 5s.

For the past two weeks, every time I try to play a song, the track skips forward and backward as if it's a CD that is skipping. It's almost impossible to use the app or listen to any music. At times, the app just completely skips to the next song without being able to play the track at all. I've searched all over the Internet and many other users seem to have this problem yet there are no solutions from anyone. There are recommendations out there from Spotify helpers, but all of them say to change the quality of streaming or turn off gapless playback or reinstall the app. LIke many other users, I have tried these recommendations and it DOES NOT work. Can anyone out there help? It's a pain to be paying for the premium service yet the app doesn't work and there is no help from any of the tech staff.

Hopefully someone out there can help. Please and thank you!!! 

Hello!

Sorry you're having this issue. 

Please reach out to our support team using this link: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

We'll endeavour to have you back up and running as soon as possible! 

Suggested posts