Announcements

Spotify changing songs by itself

also another thing happening!

Casual Listener

another thing happening is that the songs play exactly for 2 seconds and go to the next song and do that same thing! after about 5 songs it plays for 9 seconds stops audio and says its still playing. man i do like spotify but if this is the stuff thats gonna happen then why bother!

i've made new accounts/deleted the app and basically everything the spotify customer service told me to do!

i made a screen recording of it.

here's the link:  

https://youtu.be/v7bgwQRLrLQ

Re: also another thing happening!

Hey there @liboy1,

Thanks for your reply.

Would you mind telling us the exact version of your Spotify App and the OS on your computer?

Also, you've mentioned that you've created a new account, does the same happen on it across devices  as well?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Thanks.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Visitor
The exact same as liboy1 is happening to me! Song changes and the sound gets muted but the song still plays.
I've read all the answers and suggested solutions but nothing is working.
For me it only happens on my Chrome Web Spotify. I'm have Windows 10 pro and Chrome version is Version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit).

I too am starting to think about cancelling my plan and changing to Youtube music or whatever. I've been with Google Music for three years and nothing like that happened.

Hey @CaptainCracker,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're sorry to hear about this.

Can you see if you have the same experience if you use a incognito/private window?

It would also be great if you can log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
SUGGESTED POSTS