Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect data usage

Solved!

Spotify connect data usage

First off hi everyone!. So I discovered the connect feature almost by accident BUT it is perfect for what I need. Here's my question. I have an AT&T iPad with unlimited data (grandfathered in whoot whoot!!) that I use connected to my radio on my Harley. We'll previously I would have to pull over to change albums or if I wanted a different genre while riding. So I accidentally discovered "connect the other day. If I'm streaming (non downloaded music) on my iPad with unlimited data, but I use my cellphone to change stations, songs, playlist etc. will the "connect" feature begin to use data from my phone or will it use data from my cellphone ( which isn't unlimited)?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Connect streams on whichever device it is playing on, so even if you remote controlling your iPad from your iPhone, if the music is coming out of the iPad the iPad is streaming it using it's connections. You will find your iPhone uses a little bit of data just to communicate with the iPad over the internet.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Connect streams on whichever device it is playing on, so even if you remote controlling your iPad from your iPhone, if the music is coming out of the iPad the iPad is streaming it using it's connections. You will find your iPhone uses a little bit of data just to communicate with the iPad over the internet.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Awesome!!!!

Suggested posts