Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect play queue

Spotify connect play queue

It seems that when using spotify connect and playing random, the queue is not used. Every time the song switches, the queue is reset and therefore completely changed.

This also means that queing a song manually is not respected.

Finally, changing song seems like it skips two songs, which might be related to skipping manually queued songs?

Tested on Gramofon and Desktop spotify connect.

13 Replies

Spotify connect doesn't currently play nice with the queue feature.

The developers are currently working on fixing the queue bugs with connect and trying to make the performance smoother.

Over time it should be better. I'm not too sure of an ETA, but I've heard they are working on this. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks. So there is no official issue here on the board that can be followed? Couldnt find one 😕

There are a few reports of connect not working with the queue on certain third-party devices which I will list below.

These guys also have a Gramofon 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/bug-Spotify-Connect-and-Play-Queue/...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Queue-problems-when-using-Spotify-C...

Others:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/BUG-Adding-to-play-queue-when-using-connect/td-p/85975...

I'll try to post back here in the future when I hear more about this. 

In case anyone else finds this thread, here are a few examples of things not working properly at the moment:

When adding songs to queue in the iOS app, only the first two are transfered over to the queue on the desktop app. There are also queue problems with third-party audio devices/speakers. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

any updates to a fix to this bug? Still exeriencing it between my iphone and laptop.

@Nightmare 

No update at this time. Spotify is still looking into this. We'll just have to wait for now. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Currently if I'm  shuffling a playilist i can only cue up 1 track at a time using connect.   I really hope this issue gets fixed soon

Same issue here using Spotify Connect on my receiver.

Any update to this? It's 2016 and the queue still does not work with Spotify Connect (I'm using a Denon X3100W to stream to).

I get the same using Connect to my PS4

Spotify Connect + Naim Mu-So: Play queue useless. Plays the same track twice and reports wrong track as "now playing".

It's 2017 now and the issue is still here.

Nearing 2018 now... I have the same issue on my Denon x1400h. We really need this, Spotify!

Same thing for me. When I use Spotify connect to use my Sonos play one, the queue is resetted...

A weird and not really nice behavior...

Suggested posts