Spotify connect stopped working?

Plan: STUDENT

Free/Premium: PREMIUM

Device

iPod touch (4th generation)

Operating System

iOS 6.1.6

My Question or Issue:

For a long time, I have been using spotify connect between my laptop (MacBook Air), phone (Samsung Galaxy A3) and my iPod touch 4th gen. Spotify connect still works as normal between the laptop and phone but with the iPod it has stopped working at all. All devices and their respective spotify apps are fully updated and are definitely on the same wifi network. The iPod is no longer able to recognise either of the other devices, and the other devices recognise each other, but not the iPod. This is quite frustrating and I'd really appreciate some help! Many thanks!

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also recommend checking this article for the minimum system requirements for Spotify to work properly 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

updating your phone might work 

I have the exact same problem, and the only answer i can get is "Spotify for ios 6 in not supported anymore"

But everything was working fine some days ago and i havent updated anything...

iPod touch 4G on 6.1.6 & spotify 1.8.0

Suggested posts