Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connection issues with sonos speakers

Spotify connection issues with sonos speakers

Most days I can play music no problem from the Spotify app but recently the Spotify app just won’t connect to any of my sonos speakers and I know there’s not a problem with them they play just fine when I use the sonos app the speakers show up on Spotify but when you go to connect it tries and stops and won’t connect doesn’t make any sense. Is there a bug in the app? Is anyone else experiencing this issue or similar?

28 Replies

I had this problem for the last few days but this morning it's working.  And I'm in Melbourne, Australia.

Yes strangely enough it works this morning fine.
Hopefully it works for everyone else.

Belgium, Europe still the same problem!

Same issue, keeps saying Spotify cannot connect.

I'll sometimes get a few seconds of play and think its working, then it cuts out.

Android and iOS both tested on my sonos One speakers.

Tried reinstalling, disassociating and readding, no joy.

I also use a Meraki Security device so was going to start looking into that next, but checked here to see others have same issue before I went to hassle of reconfiguring my LAN and WiFi settings.

I‘ve got the same problem here in Germany. It seems to be caused by the last Spotify iOS Update. I did it last week and the problems started.

Spent an hour with Sonos support yesterday and they couldn't help me fix the problem. Spotify won't work while other services like TuneIn and Pandora work fine. THis problem started for me when I switched to a Mesh router. Has anyone else had an issue with Mesh routers like Netgear's ORBI system?

Hey...im sure you have already done this, but if not, see if you can upgrade the code on the ORBI. Sonas uses Spanning Tree protocol  and multicast packets. the ORBI might not be handling that correctly. There also might be options in the ORBI to change the behavior of the STP and Multicast packets.

Hope it works out for you.

That sounds interresting. I use the Mesh System from AVM (Fritz!Box). Maybe there is a Problem with the latency. My problem solved itself after a while (about a week). Can you try to connect the System via cable?

Interesting, I have turned off mesh.

I am using Cisco Meraki firewall/Switch/Access Point. Mine works when one
Sonos device is hard wired to the switch or firewall, but won't work off
the wireless.

Suggested posts