Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes Car Play

Spotify crashes Car Play

Device: iPhone 8, IOS 12.3.1

Chevy Volt 2018 with Apple Car Play

I'm using Spotify to play downloaded playlists in my car via Apple Car Play.

When I connect my phone via USB, and try to play a song, randomly the whole car play crashes: the phone disconnects from the car, then tries to connect again and disconnects again, many times in a row.

It works fine in ~50% of the time.  When it starts to crash, the only thing that can help is to leave it alone for 5 minutes, switch to car radio, and then come back. 

This issue only happens when using Spotify. Other apps like Google Maps or Apple Music work fine without complaints.

1 Reply

I have the same issue. I reinstalled spotify and even ios and this had the same crashing issue everytime i pressed "your library"

I've spoken to support and they "reset" my cache (which removed all my offline music) and it worked perfectly at this point with nothing offline. 

I then readded stuff to download it again and it started being less and less reliable the more playlists i downloaded until it broke everytime again.

I then found it was more reliable if i changed the playlist sorting to "custom" instead of by "name"

That's where I'm at at the moment. 

Suggested posts