Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes on iPad 3

Solved!

Spotify crashes on iPad 3

I have a fresh iPad 3 and have download the Spotify app and did manage to login to my premium account. However tha app crasches after 3 seconds every time. Anyone have any ideas what's the problem?

/Tobias

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@voldemort2 wrote:

I have the exact same problem with my iPad 2. Spotify has worked fine for a long time, but suddely; the apps opens, but crashes after about 10 seconds. Have tried to reinstall, but with no luck. Hope someone finds a solution very soon.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I would suggest you try the steps outlined in the iOS troubleshooting guide specifically the steps to clear your local data cache. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I'm having the same issue with my iPad 3... Installed the app, but once I log in, it starts loading my profile and then quits after a few seconds.

Same here, closes after loading. Need fix!!! Works fine on my girlfriends iPad3, weird...

Hello,

Just moved this on over to the iOS board.

Generally the best thing to try is a clean reinstallation -

1. Delete the Spotify application from your iPad. To do this, press and hold the application until it hovers and then press the X symbol
2. Restart your iPad
3. Install Spotify again from the AppStore

Airhorn Enthusiast

A clean reboot did nothing for me. I have had nothing but problems with this app on my iPod and iPad but the complications have been far worse on the iPad. Getting harder to justify the premium account.

iPad 3 new owner here and having the same problem. Tried the re-install three times now. Still no luck. Has any fixes happened yet? Or better ideas? Or anything?!?!?

Thanks!

The Spotify app on the iPad tends to be quite temperamental I find! Crashes here and there and with no other apps open so it's not memory! I just put up with it for now!

I'm having the same issue.  This all started pretty much around the time that I installed the new 6.0.1 update on my iPad.  I don't know if that would correlate with spotify crashing my iPad.

Also, when I noticed that logging into spotify was crashing my iPad, I noticed that I couldn't check to see what other apps were running on my iPad (when you double-tap on the home button).  Did anyone else experience that issue?

I have the exact same problem with my iPad 2. Spotify has worked fine for a long time, but suddely; the apps opens, but crashes after about 10 seconds. Have tried to reinstall, but with no luck. Hope someone finds a solution very soon.

Marked as solution

@voldemort2 wrote:

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I would suggest you try the steps outlined in the iOS troubleshooting guide specifically the steps to clear your local data cache. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Followed instructions for the "solution" to a T...Did not help one bit. Extremely frustrating as a Premium user. Clearly there is an issue with Mac access that has existed for months. Why no fix?

Yo tengo el mismo problema conmi NOKIA LUMIA 630 SOY PREMIUM HACE 1 AÑO Y HACE 8 MESES NO LO PUEDO USAR. CUANDO SE ESTA CARGANDO....QUEDA INTERMINABLES MINUTOS COLGADO Y FINALMENTE SE CIERRA SOLO.NO PASA SI USO CUENTA FREE. MUY LOCO.ALGUNA AYUDA PORFAVOR
GRACIAS
WILFREDO SANCHEZ

Solution for crashes in lumia windowsPhone
Al eliminar alrededor de 200 discos compñetos y 20 playlist. El problema se soluciono. Este lumia 630 solo 512 mb RAM. NO DE QUE PASARA CON LUMIAS DE 1GB O MAS RAM.
BASICAMENTE ESO.ESPERO LRS SIRVA
WILFREDO SANCHEZ

Suggested posts