Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashing on iPhone 5S

Spotify crashing on iPhone 5S

Hi there. This just started. 

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===

Brief description of the issue:
Spotify crashes as soon as I click on the icon to open it on my iPhone. 

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Click Spotify icon. 
  2. It rests on a screen that says I am offline. Sometimes it lets me browse around for 10 or so seconds.
  3. Spotify dissapears. 

What steps you’ve tried already: Restarted phone. Didn't work. Uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify. Restarted phone. Didnt work. 

Your device and operating system (e.g. iPhone 5, iOS 😎 iPhone 5S. IOS is current, version 9.1. 

Type of Spotify account you have (Free or Premium): Premium. 

The app version of Spotify you’re using: I checked for updates. There were none. I'm using 4.0.3. 

Any screenshots, if they can help to explain your issue:

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

1 Reply

Hi sarahgee, welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Spotify for iOS app isn't working properly - I can understand how frustrating this can be! You've done all the right self-help tricks to pinpoint whether it's a problem with Spotify - but it might just be a problem with your phone. I'm no expert, but this the final step you can do yourself to try to fix this issue.

A system restore would wipe your iPhone, then reinstall the iOS software. You can then opt to restore it from a backup as long as you make one before you restore. 🙂 You can find more information about an iOS system restore at: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201252, or if you're not feeling up to being a tech whizz kid, you can take your handset to an Apple Store who would be happy to restore it for you.

I really hope this solves this horrible problem for you. If it doesn't, please get back in touch and another member of the community should be able to help you further. For now, keep enjoying Spotify on your other devices and keep checking out the Community for music chats, frequently asked questions answered and off-topic chinwags. Take care.

Starting out but ready to make a difference 🙂

Suggested posts