Free

Country

USA

Device

iPhone SE

Operating System

iOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

Spotify crashes while listening to music when phone screen is off or when on something other than the Spotify app itself(Safari, etc)

I tried clean install(clear cache, offload, delete, restart phone, etc) multiple times with no success

I highly doubt its my internet connection as I tried my work wifi, home wifi, and data.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Temple123

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Next thing worth trying is to check if this might be related to the particular device setup or your Spotify account. 

First off, try logging in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up-to-speed with any software updates available.

If you see no change, try logging in to a different Spotify account on your device to check if it's an account-related issue. You can borrow one from a friend or relative or create a free test account by following these steps. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @Temple123

Help’s here!

If a clean reinstall and trying a different connection didn't help it's a good idea to check if any 

battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity so make sure you disable them.

We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify.

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop here. 

The only battery setting I have are auto lock and it’s currently disabled while Spotify already has all permissions enabled 

Marked as solution

Hey @Temple123

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Next thing worth trying is to check if this might be related to the particular device setup or your Spotify account. 

First off, try logging in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up-to-speed with any software updates available.

If you see no change, try logging in to a different Spotify account on your device to check if it's an account-related issue. You can borrow one from a friend or relative or create a free test account by following these steps. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

I’ll try with another account as my PC doesn’t run into this issue and my iPhone 5s was able to run Spotify with no problems

So I have created new account and it doesn’t have the crashing issues(so far)

Hey @Temple123

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Great news! Give us a shout if you experience this again - we're always here to help.

Еnjoy your music! 

Suggested posts