Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not sync music to iPhone

Spotify does not sync music to iPhone

Hi everyone

Even though my iPhone appears in the 'devices' tab in Spotify,  spotify does not sync the local files to my iPhone. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Spotify on both my iPhone and my laptop. I am 100% sure that both my laptop and my iPhone are connected to the same WiFi network so that isn't the problem either. Spotify used to sync the music to my phone just fine until like 2 weeks ago. I am using free spotify that's why I really need the local files to sync. The reason I am using Spotify to sync music to my phone and not iTunes is because I have Windows 8 which does not support iTunes. I also think Spotify is a lot better than iTunes so yeah. 

I'd be so happy if someone knew how to fix this, I need new music!!

19 Replies

Hi. Could you try the following steps and let me know how it goes, thanks.

• Log out of Spotify and restart your device.
  • Log into Spotify once again and make sure you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network on both your device and your computer.
  • Change the sync quality on your device to High or Extreme.
  • Locate the playlist on your phone, and select "Available Offline".
  • Make sure you have plenty of free space on your device (we'd recommend 1GB+).

I did everything you said but it stil does nothing.

when I turn on 'Available Offline' sometimes the slider goes back to 'Off' automatically, then I slide it on again and it stays on, but it still does not change anything and the music stays unsynced 😞

Are you syncing by clicking your iPhone in the Devices list? Or by selecting 'available offline' on a playlist of tracks from your phone itself? It's worth trying both ways to see if one is working and the other not. We can then narrow the problem down.
--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I have the exact same issue. I have tried on both computer and phone and they both revert themselves back when you try to make playlist sync. This problem needs addressed soon.

Yes, please - I've been having the same issue with both my iPhone and iPad for a long time. It'd be great to solve it!

Thank you

None of these solutions helped, I think there is actually something wrong with how Spotify is set up.

Hi folks,

Just to let you know, we're looking into this. To help us, could you let us know the following:

-- Version of Spotify you're using

-- Version of iOS you're using

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Version 0.9.1.57.ge7405149 on my laptpop

Version 0.7.2.26 on my iPhone

Thanks!

Hello,

I have same problem but with iPod nano 5th gen. I try from Mac or Pc but same result, not sync spotify catalog also if music is already offline. I follow guide on website but it not works.

I have Prmeium account in test, but I stop test if I can't use my ipod. Thanks if somebody can help me.

Matteo

iPhone 5 iOS 7 beta 6

Please save us so we can have our offline music again, that's what we're paying for with Premium 🙂

I'm having this problem too. Becoming very frustrated. Tried all the extensive things the Help files and Support suggested to no avail. It was working fine by itself, I don't know if an auto-update broke it but things suck now.

- iPad 4, iPod Touch 4, iPad 3 syncing Local Files to Mac Pro (if shows more devices it may be because I'm trying Spotify iOS 4 and Tunigo as workarounds)
- iOS 6.1.3 (newest)
- Newest Spotify iOS 0.7.2.26 and on Mac I use 0.9.1.57.ge7405149 (which auto-updates so I can't do anything about that)
- NONE of them are rooted/jailbroken

Tunigo is a kludgy workaround in the meantime (although I do like how it clearer shows what songs are being downloaded).

0.9.1.57.ge7405149 -- Version of Spotify you're using

6.1.3 -- Version of iOS you're using

1.6 GB free

I discovered something interesting.  I could not get the syncing to work on my network at work, but I came home and it is working on my home network.  My work netwrk is open, with no need to long in, but maybe it prevents syncing somehow. 

I also cannot do a wireless itune sync at work, so maybe try a private home network.

I understand that iPod classic, nano and shuffle can't sync with Spotify catalog but only with music I have already on my pc, as mp3 or cd ripped. I think delete my premium account, I use only ipod to music.... and if it can't sync....

Bye

Matteo

My Iphone 6plus 128 gb just like my Iphone 5 and 5s(32GB) and Ipad mini Retina (32 gb wifi and cellular) are all running on ios 9.0.2. Ever since they update to ios 8 and higher, they stopped appearing in devices on all the various updates of Spotify on both laptop and pc (both 64bit) . I tried both wired and on wifi. I'm 100% shure all the devices are on the same network and I have uninstalled apps untill spotify was on just the pc or just on the laptop and only one of the above mentioned devices. They just wont apear in the list in the device list of the spotify app on laptop (windows 7) or pc (at first windows 8.1 pro and now running windows 10).

I'm running out of options as I've also tried disabeling firewall (norton and windows). can anyone please help me with this problem. As I've read there are many more people having this issue, so maybe there is a problem with the spotify app on the windows version, ios version or both.

thank you in advance for your trouble,

kind regards Lennart

The Netherlands

Try going on your PC and then add some songs to any playlist. After that, go towards Spotify on your iOS device and if your playlist is set to Available Offline, your local files will start syncing. This is just a workaround for now.

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!

I gave up and switched to Apple Music

I tried apple music but i don't like it at all. Maybe deezer is going to work for me. But i havn't given up yet.

Lennart

Yeah I think I will switch to apple music as well if this isnt fixed.

Suggested posts