Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not work in iOS 8 Beta 3!

Solved!

Spotify does not work in iOS 8 Beta 3!

I just found out that Spotify does not work on iOS 8 Beta 3. The app just closes automatically the moment you launch it. I never experienced this on iOS 8 Beta 2.

UPDATE: I've tried removing it then reinstalling the app as well as restarting my phone. It worked. Although the second time that I launched it, well, it's the same thing again. It closes automatically upon launching it.

50 Replies

This is not correct. Today, 22. Sept 2014, the same problem, known since weeks (!!!) IS still unsolved. Embarrassing to Spotify QC of s/w Department.

Nonsense

Update: your suggested fix of changing the country and then changing it back again worked like a charm. Thank you.

@MattSuda wrote:

Hey guys!

@SpotifyCares on Twitter has suggested a work around that might solve the problem: 

"If Spotify is crashing at startup on iOS 8, try changing your phone's SettingsLanguage & Region to another country, then change back."

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/513045543720079360

in my case the "wordkaround" does does not work.
What irony is this: Spotify does not care abot software for iPad - but my iPad2 works fine with all latest versions of ios8 and 1.7.1.7. But the iphone, where Spotifys focusses on crahses compelerely. Iwonder seriously about their quality control and software people.... fidle around with Ford cars etc but the basics are too much. Again, this crash with ios8 is known since moths since the first ios8 version was released for: software testing - funny, isn't it?

Hey guys. Staff here.

We think we've found a fix for this issue. As soon as we feel certain that we have fixed this issue, we will be submitting the new version to Apple.

We're offering more regular updates in the main thread over here. Be sure to subscribe for updates. 

Hello!

I just downloaded the IOS8 on my iPhone 5. Maybe a stupid decision! Now, I cannot launch Spotify Premium at all despite numerous amounts of attempts by reintstalling, turning the handset on and off and repeating this procedure. It just doesn't open.

I am quite distressed as I listen to my music to function propery. What can I do about this?!

Best wishes;

A

same here, spotify does not work after the update, even updated the update (now ios 8.0.2 /12A405) and it still does not work.

When can i expect a proper new version of Spotify.. i have a premium membership and cant use it now.. !!!

@Sander1974 wrote:

same here, spotify does not work after the update, even updated the update (now ios 8.0.2 /12A405) and it still does not work.

When can i expect a proper new version of Spotify.. i have a premium membership and cant use it now.. !!!

The only thing that has been working in my case was to change the iphone setting "time/day". This seems to "confuse" the loading procedure and allows somehow to start the program. It took me about 5 times tiral. 

After that I change to offline mode.

At first this seems to work but the second loading showed the trouble again. But overnight some self-healing happend. After that I changed back the setting time/day. Now it works fine with off-line mode only and I am sitting on the island hoping somebody picks me up with an updated-tested-approved version. I really wonder why it so difficult to eliminate this bug. 

Hey guys at Spotify, isn´t time now to give us an update on your troubleshooting progress?

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Version 1.8 of the Spotify iOS app has just been released. Please post back if you are still having problems

Thanks for your patience while the developers worked on an update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

it was crashing again, you have to uninstall the previous version and install the new version. Now it's working. still, 2 weeks of premium service paid and unused. congrats

Sorry to say, still not working!
Unistalled old ome, installed New Bud without success!

Suggested posts