Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't start

Solved!

Spotify doesn't start

Hi. I just installed the las version on iOS in my iPhone 5 and Spotify doesn't start. I have tried all the resets and recommendations listed on this forum but nothing work. Can somebody help me? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Have you tried this:

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/513045543720079360

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately we receive lots of reports from users with the same problem. Spotify may crash with iOS 8.
Spotify is already looking into this issue, and I think this will be fixed soon!

Hey Beto741101

Could you please confirm which version of Spotify you're running? (Head to Menu > Settings > About).

Thanks!

I have installed Spotify Versioin 1.8.0.

I have experienced the same thing today. I downloaded iOS 8.0.2 on my iPhone 5 and Spotify won't open. It's version 1.8.0. Please can you provide a solution to this issue Asap. Thanks

The app developers are currently looking into the problem.

Hopefully an upadate will be out soon to fix it. Thanks for your patience. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi

Still I haven't received a solution for this issue. I have been without Spotify on my iPhone for more than two weeks!!! Are you going to fix it? When? What can I do?

Regards, Humberto

@Beto741101 wrote:
Hi. I just installed the las version on iOS in my iPhone 5 and Spotify doesn't start. I have tried all the resets and recommendations listed on this forum but nothing work. Can somebody help me? Thanks!

A new update 1.8.1 came out today. Can you try deleting the Spotify app on your phone and then reinstall it?

MattSudaSpotify Star

I have been following this feed as I have had the same issue. Having updated to 1.8.1 with no luck and then deleting and reinstalling the app with no luck I am still looking for a solution.

Marked as solution

Have you tried this:

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/513045543720079360

MattSudaSpotify Star

This happens to me too, ever since update version 1.8.1 on October 20th.  Can't open Spotify.  One time it opened for a split second before crashing.  I'm on iOS7, iPhone 4

Thanks Matt!

Your advise actually worked. I changed my language and region settings and Spotify finally opened.

Cheers!

Humberto

Suggested posts