Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't stay logged in

Solved!

Spotify doesn't stay logged in

Whenever I turn my iPhone 6S+ back on, Spotify makes me log in. Is this normal?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try to follow these steps to solve your problem.

Login to Spotify and go here: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/

Note: You can also get to the above link by going to your profile in Spotify.

You'll need to use the device ID that they give you (can't figure out how to change it), and you'll need to click the button to send you an email, which gives you another link that allows you to set your device password.

Tip: save your device username in Notes on you iPhone so you can copy/paste.

Now in the Spotify app on your iPhone don't login using Facebook but login using your Spotify details (the device UID and password you set earlier).

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi there!

Reinstall the app you are using and your problem will be solved.

I've tried that. Doesn't help.
Marked as solution

Try to follow these steps to solve your problem.

Login to Spotify and go here: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/

Note: You can also get to the above link by going to your profile in Spotify.

You'll need to use the device ID that they give you (can't figure out how to change it), and you'll need to click the button to send you an email, which gives you another link that allows you to set your device password.

Tip: save your device username in Notes on you iPhone so you can copy/paste.

Now in the Spotify app on your iPhone don't login using Facebook but login using your Spotify details (the device UID and password you set earlier).

There is nothing there for a password reset. Not having a password problem. Nor a problem logging on. The problem is: when the iPhone 6S is turned off, while logged on or not, 95% of the time you are involuntarily logged off. When this occurs, all downloaded playlists become "undowloaded", rendering listen offline useless.

@Bobdmovie007

This sort of matter only occurs when the memory on your phone is compromised by an attached application. It can be just a glitch in the system or something much bigger. To be completely sure for a clean solution, you'll be having to make a backup file to your computer and reinstall your iphone. Then transfer all the data back to your phone. 

Sorry for this but it's a 100% working solution in this unusually case.

Hi,
I tried this but this doesn't solve the problem. So what's next because it's getting on my nerves.

Greetz

I would be interested to know if you resolved this as I am having the same b issue. As much as I like Spotify it is now becoming a real pain.

Suggested posts