Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't want to download all of the tracks selected for offline

Spotify doesn't want to download all of the tracks selected for offline

Today Spotify started to do strange things. I had few playlists for offline use on my iPhone 5S with iOS 8.1 and I saw that suddenly not all of the tracks are downloaded for offline use. I've decided to download them but it just keeps them "on hold". After that I've deleted the app from iPhone and downloaded it again. I selected the same playlists but again the Spotify won't download all of the tracks. Lack of space isn't a problem because it shows that I still have 4 GB left.

12 Replies

Today i got the same problem.. And the songs thats not downloadig wont play for more than 3 seconds, then the app tells me that "track not avaliable". 

I got both issue above. Spotify ver.1.8.1 iOS 8.1 iPhone 5S 😞

And the funny thing is that we pay for premium accounts and can't contact the Spotify help directly...

I got exactly the same problem on Android, so it's not just iOS..

Yes that´s my point also but I found it only now 😞

I have fixed it for me, but I don't know if it will work for the rest. I reinstalled the app and downloaded all the music in normal quality instead of extreme. I hope it helps someone.

I suspect this is the ultimate fix... but that's a lot of music to re-download over slow wifi and I still want the "extreme" files to listen to... Hopefully will get some feedback from Spotify support?

Yes it maybe helps but why my friends 😞 ?! We all are paying prémium account , or ?! So how long we have to wait for some relevant answer... I´m also working for a Swedish company and I know that sometimes take a decision is really slow process 🙂 so we will see. But I will waiting only a few days and after this I will cancel my contract and want my Money back. As you know out there are so many competitors.

Trouble update: The songs which don't want to download to offline mode at the iOS also don't work in online mode. Checked on WIFI and LTE. They also aren't working on the desktop app (online mode).

Update:

I just logged back in with my iphone 6 to Spotify and it quickly re-synced all my missing songs at the "extreme" level. Now everything is as it should be. I did nothing. Did not have to re-install the app. Suspect they must of corrected something on the server side of things....

It seems like everyone has a different solution. I came up with an idea to re-load the songs into the playlist and deleted the old versions. So far it's working so you can try this method. Anyway Spotify should check this problem.

Oh Yes ! Now it already works well. It seems that Spotify guys are reading our spots 🙂 , so BIG THX!

Suggested posts