Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify downgrade glitch

Spotify downgrade glitch

Plan

Premium

Country

United States 

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

(iOS 11.4.1

My Question or Issue

So this probably all started like a month ago when I came back from my trip to Florida and once I came home i updated my Spotify and oddly enough this update changed some features. For one the Behind the Lyrics feature was completely gone and I tried turn the feature in the settings on and off and that still didn’t work. Also the loop button got moved to the 3 dots at the top right, which sucks because I use behind the Lyrics and the loop feature everyday and now behind the Lyrics is gone and the loop button is harder to get. But yesterday something weird happened, I saw Spotify had an update so I thought what if I remove Spotify and then install again. Doing this gave me back my old Spotify that had BTL(Behind the Lyrics) and the loop button was positioned better. This lasted for around seven hours and then once I was going home it reverted back to the Spotify that didnt have BTL and I don’t know how to fix this anymore

4A19AB2A-622A-4F76-B1C6-750D137D36BC.png
1182F8CA-8577-4798-87F8-50F1C4FCE899.png
1 Reply

Hey @Raredjoberts, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Suggested posts