Family Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 6, iPhone 8, iPad 2)

Operating System

(latest iOS)

My Question or Issue

Starting last week after years of use, Spotify cannot keep the connection to the Sonos app.   It drops after a few seconds.  Have unplugged and plugged back in router and all Sonos devices.  Have cleared cache on Sonos app.  Have restarted phones.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify app.   Still have same issue.   Our wifi is fine, everything else on Wifi works 100% ok.   Also, if we use the Sonos app directly it plays music fine with no dropped connection.   What is up with the Spotify app.  Very frustrating.    Please don't tell me it is our wifi because everyting else works fine.   Thanks.

20 Replies

Having the same issue. Try to connect to a Sonos, and (at best) playback just stops, but mostly it also clears my queue/playlist. This happens from desktop app (Spotify for Windows 1.2.5.1006.g22820f93) and Android (8.8.12.545).

Yes: I've restarted/reinstalled/refreshed a dozen times. This has been an ever-more-frequent problem for about a year.

It's maddening considering I pay for Spotify premium, but I guess I may cancel soon if I can't use it.

Suggested posts