Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System

iOS 14.6

My Question or Issue

Having updated iOS and watchOS to their latest in order to take advantage of easy unlocking when I have a mask on, I noticed Spotify has been malfunctioning. Every time I unlock via the aforementioned method, Spotify automatically goes into offline mode, despite my internet connectivity being perfectly valid. I have to keep my iPhone WiFi on in order to use the feature, and I suspect there is a bug somewhere in there that clashes with Spotify. Does anyone else have the same issue? I have tried doing a clean reinstallation to no avail. Thank you.

4 Replies

Hey there @bluebutcher

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂

We haven't received other reports about this issue, so we'd like to ask for more info in order to have more context. You mention that it works fine with WiFi on, is this issue only happening with mobile data?

Also, according to this article, your iPhone and Apple Watch require to have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on so this feature can function correctly, but you don't need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network.

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. What I meant was - I need to keep my WiFi function on in order to unlock the phone with my Apple Watch. Before this feature was introduced, I had always kept the function off when I wasn’t in range of any WiFi. Now - whenever I use this feature to unlock my phone, my Spotify goes into offline mode for a while (don’t know how long exactly). 

Hey there @bluebutcher,

Thank you for your reply.

We've tried this from our end and the app is working fine with an Apple Watch and an iPhone.

Can you make sure that both devices are upgraded to the latest OS versions? However, I am pretty sure that there are some limitations on what you can on your iPhone while being unlocked with the Apple Watch.

Keep us posted.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I am convinced there is a bug somewhere due to the unlock feature by Apple
Watch, as I had never experienced this issue before and I am unable to
replicate it unless I'm wearing a mask.

Hopefully, a future app/iOS update will resolve the issue for me.

Suggested posts