Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify family member not premium in app

Solved!

Spotify family member not premium in app

Hi,
I have a spotify family account with 1 other member. This member account has been made after the invite by me to join the family.
On the pc everything works fine but in the iphone app it shows that its a free account without premium.
The family admin account works fine,
Any way to fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Have you already to tried to logout and login afterwards? Sometimes something simple as this already fixes the problem.

Otherwise, you may also try to fix it by reinstalling Spotify. To do that, please follow the steps in the link below:
https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Finally solved my issue.... Took a week of mailing back and forth for them to figure out what the problem was.
In august I paid for my premium account with 12 months worth of giftcards.
So when I activated spotify family 3 weeks ago, it used my remaining premium subscription to pay for the family plan by shortening it.
Anyways, My account switched to family but the tokens I was sending to my family member werent working.
so the reason it wasnt working was because spotify doesnt allow you to pay with giftcards for a family plan.
Which is stupid because giftcards are money too and it doesnt warn you anywhere that it doesnt work on spotify family when buying them.
Also why allow me to change my plan when it shouldnt be possible. Could have saved me weeks of research, headaches and emails.
Anyways they restored my original premium subscription. Have to wait until August for me to get a family plan...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Have you already to tried to logout and login afterwards? Sometimes something simple as this already fixes the problem.

Otherwise, you may also try to fix it by reinstalling Spotify. To do that, please follow the steps in the link below:
https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

If you still have problems,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Reinstalling the app didn't work. But accidentally pressed the 7 days trial button so its temporarily on premium. Waiting for the trial to expire so I can see what will happen.
Marked as solution

Finally solved my issue.... Took a week of mailing back and forth for them to figure out what the problem was.
In august I paid for my premium account with 12 months worth of giftcards.
So when I activated spotify family 3 weeks ago, it used my remaining premium subscription to pay for the family plan by shortening it.
Anyways, My account switched to family but the tokens I was sending to my family member werent working.
so the reason it wasnt working was because spotify doesnt allow you to pay with giftcards for a family plan.
Which is stupid because giftcards are money too and it doesnt warn you anywhere that it doesnt work on spotify family when buying them.
Also why allow me to change my plan when it shouldnt be possible. Could have saved me weeks of research, headaches and emails.
Anyways they restored my original premium subscription. Have to wait until August for me to get a family plan...

My dad has the family premium app but he paying for it and the rest of the family has premium except him it says Spotify free and it took $14.00 out of his account and he has no premium we tried logging on and off and reinstalling nothing work someone help us.

Suggested posts