Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify flips between online and offline all the time. Can't sync

Solved!

Spotify flips between online and offline all the time. Can't sync

I use an Iphone 4S, and my spotify is not working correctly. Its constantly flipping between online and offline, and i cant get it to sync my playlists. I have tried reinstalling the app, tried formating the whole phone and installing fresh after that. Nothing works.  It's online for 1 min, starting the sync, then it go offline again. All other internet apps work like they should. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Solved: In my case there was a problem with my ISP and the router they had provided me with. Got a new one, and now everything runs smooth.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

NB: Just now im downloading and syncing over 350MB of medical references without any connection loss. While spotify still cant sync a single track. 

Is this over WiFi, 3G or both?

Bearing in mind that 3G (or other Data signals that aren't 3G) aren't going to be anywhere near as reliable as WiFi, and Spotify is quite a bandwidth heavy app. So flipping between online and offline with a data connection wouldn't be too surprising, and could just be a bit of a bad signal wherever you are.

If it's over WiFi, again it could be a bad signal. Does the Spotify client on your computer connected to the same WiFi network (from the same location) manage to stay online and sync playlists?
--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!

It's over Wifi yes, and my computer is on the same wifi at the same location, and i have never experienced my computer strugeling to sync or dropping the connection. Sometimes the spotify (iphone) manages to stay online long enough for the sync to start. But then it is stuck on the first song, and after 3-4 min, a red exclamationmark popps up beside it, and it moves to the next song (without success on that either).  And the conection seems fair enough, when i speedtest it on my iphone i have a steady connection at about 20-25ms and 4-8 Mbps. So i have no clue what is causing this. Dont think it should be a issue with the ISP either, but not 100% sure about that one.

That's a bit bizarre. Will have to wait for a Spotify rep to come along, hopefully they might be able to shed some light on this for you.
--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!
Marked as solution

Solved: In my case there was a problem with my ISP and the router they had provided me with. Got a new one, and now everything runs smooth.

Just out of interest, what ISP / router was it you were using?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Elpos internet (polish provider), with a D-Link 802-11g. Switched to a AirLink 29150.

And since i dont belive the ISP actually did anything else than provide a new router, i guess the D-Link itself was the issue.

I have the same problem, i have a samsung galaxy s wifi tab and its going on and off all the time, cant use it, on my pc its ok and on my samsung galaxy s2 its ok. its nothing with my router or isp

Suggested posts