Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify freeze on home screen

Spotify freeze on home screen

Plan

Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

iOS 14.7.1

My Question or Issue

My Spotify app freezes in the home tab whenever I open the app. I have tried reinstalling, logging out then in, clearing safari's cache (not sure if this affects it).  It just freezes here, I cannot do anything. 

spotify home.jpg

I just found a way to access the other tabs. Other tabs are working, I can scroll through my library and play songs. If I open Spotify using the browser (chrome app), then click on the GET APP button, it'll open up my Spotify app and go to the library screen. From here I can it, but if I go to the home tab, it freezes again. 

spotify chrome.jpg

10 Replies

I'm having the same issue.

See the other thread here:

Spotify on iPhone stopped working suddenly when up... - The Spotify Community

Please reply to our thread too so they notice this is a real issue.

My Issues with how they upgrade our account has resulted in this idea:

[Mobile][Desktop][Account][Other] App/Account Upda... - The Spotify Community

Hi folks!

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

@xyyz0723, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a regular one? If this doesn't do the trick, could you try on a different phone to check if the issue persists?

@ParentalControl, we see that we've already replied to you about this in this thread. Let's keep the conversation going on that thread to avoid any mix-ups.

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I've done the clean reinstalling more than 10 times, even updated my iOS too. Nothing worked out. You need to fix this issue ASAP for iOS devices.

i faced this issue too today.. Helps... Nothing help when I restart phone / reinstall apps / off wifi.. PC works fine for my account..

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 14.7.1

I’m having the exact same issue. HELP. it’s freaking frustrating. I’m on the verge of switching to Apple Music. 

For me when I reset my phone, I can scroll down for literally a millisecond, then it freezes again and nothing is responsive. Closing app, reinstalling, resetting arent doing anything. 

I need music in my life again 😞

Please fix

I tried it on iPhone XS Max and the Home Screen just got “frozen” there without any pictures.

Any one having the issue try this temporary fix: Re: Spotify on iPhone stopped working suddenly whe... - The Spotify Community

Hi folks! 

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Even though its title says iPhone 11, if you're having this issue with any other iPhone model, make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here, if you haven't already. Additionally, please provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments. 

We also suggest that you Subscribe via the three-dot menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

same issue here. this is pretty much the last straw for me on switching to Apple Music.

i've been having so many issues with Spotify for the past few years and there are so many things they are falling behind on, in comparison with other streaming services that it makes no sense for me to go for Spotify, when Apple Music is the same price and has much more to offer. i need to wait until my subscription runs out, until then, when on earth are they going to fix the issue, instead of moderators on this site telling us which thread to post what in. NEWSFLASH: WE DON'T CARE. make yourselves useful instead of reminding people which thread to post what in. people have been requesting changes on here since 2013 and nothing has been done. Spotify do not SEE these complaints or hear from their customers at all. 

Suggested posts