Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has disappeared from my iPod 5th Gen

Spotify has disappeared from my iPod 5th Gen

I recently bought an audiobook through iTunes but found I coudn't access it in iBooks on my iPod 5th Gen. I had heard of problems using iTunes and Spotify at the same time, so I tried to download it from iTunes on my PC. I had recently had to have my laptop refreshed so I had to reload iTunes. As soon as I reloaded iTunes, Spotify seemed to disable itself in my iPod. Now it's greyed out and constantly says 'Waiting'. When I try to re-download it nothing happens or the wheel just keeps turning. I have uninstalled iTunes from my PC but this has made no difference. Also when I open Spotify on my PC, my iPod isn't recognised. So basically now I can't access the audiobook I bought or Spotify. HELP! Thanks.

15 Replies

Try fully restarting your device by holding down the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen. Does Spotify work after that? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks so much, that did work! Do you know how I can also access the audiobook I bought through iTunes? I know you couldn't access audiobooks on iPod 4Gen with Spotify but I thought you could now use both together? Thanks!

Depends what format the audio book is it, does it appear in the "Local Files" tab of your desktop Spotify? 

Peter

No. Spotify is working on my iPod now but on my PC Spotify still isn't recognising the device.

Have you tried disabling your firewall temporarily? 

Peter

No, I'm not sure how to...

Hi. I'm still stuck with this. Spotify won't recognise my iPod when I plug it into my laptop. I've mucked around with the firewall but it makes no difference. I have no idea how to get to my audiobook.

Any help very gratefully received. Thanks!

What type of iPod is it exactly?

Peter

Hi. It's a 5thgen

Its it a Touch/Classic/Shuffle/Nano?

Peter

Touch

Aha, just found the audiobook in the Music app! Random. If you have any help on why Spotify on my PC isn't recognising my iPod that would still be much appreciated - thanks!

Silly question but you do know that spotify synchs with the touch over wifi, not USB as set out in the FAQ (as for iphone)?

hello, I've read that yep, but neither seems to work...

It's not an option - it will never work over USB so we need to work out why the desktop client doesn't see your mobile over wifi.

Can you start by temporarily disabling all firewalls, antivirus and other security programmes on your desktop. Also make sure that UPnP is enabled in the router settings. Restart your mobile, make sure it is connected to the same wifi network as your desktop and start up spotify.

Does it now show under "devicees" in the desktop client?

Suggested posts