Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has stopped working with Siri

Solved!

Spotify has stopped working with Siri

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

(iPhone 11 and IPad Pro)

Operating System

IOS 13.6

My Question or Issue

When I ask Siri to reproduce a song or artist with Spotify I get a message In Spanish which means “In order to do that I have to access your data In Spotify. Do you agree?”. I press ‘yes’ and I get another error that says “You don’t have anything in your music library”.

i have repented this many times, and it doesn't work anymore.

This used to work perfectly until 2 or 3 weeks ago, maybe Stopped working after an iOS and/or Spotify update. 

thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi.

Today I have spoken with Apple customer service and they found the problem. Maybe after the last update of IOS, the Siri configuration for Spotify unset. We went to configurations, then Siri & search, find Spotify in the list of applications, and then activate all the non activated options. She told me that sometimes this could occur after an update. Strange that this has happened in my 2 IOS devices.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @vivaelpop, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your iPhone? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, send me a screenshot of what you're seeing, and I'll take a closer look 🔍

Let me know how this goes! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Billy,

I have tried both, restarting and reinstalling and the problem still persists either in the iPad and in the iPhone. I attach you the screenshot. Now, when I press "Si" (yes), instead of getting a message saying that the library is empty, the phone starts reproducing some random music from my Apple Music Library, but never reproduces anything from Spotify. I mostly uses this with Apple Car, but this occurs even outside Apple Car. 

Regards

Manuel Crespo

IMG_0354.jpg

Sorry, that wasn't the capture, I attach it here. 

IMG_0354.jpg

Hey @vivaelpop,

Thanks for the screenshot.

Can you let me know if the app functions properly on its own? It'd be best if you open your Library on both the iPad and iPhone without Siri and let me know if everything is displayed correctly.

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Yes, it works ok in both devices if I open directly 

regards 

Hey @vivaelpop

Thanks for getting back to me.

It seems like the issue isn't with the Spotify app itself. In this case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Apple Support. They can help further with this. 

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hi.

Today I have spoken with Apple customer service and they found the problem. Maybe after the last update of IOS, the Siri configuration for Spotify unset. We went to configurations, then Siri & search, find Spotify in the list of applications, and then activate all the non activated options. She told me that sometimes this could occur after an update. Strange that this has happened in my 2 IOS devices.

Thanks for your help.

2 years from "problem solved with new update" I still have the same problem ! So it was not solved and the toppic is not done. 

Asking Siri to play it on spotify did not resulted successfully instead the same error.

Suggested posts