Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify iOS 13 App Connected in Car Via USB Has No Song Info Or In-Vehicle Control

Spotify iOS 13 App Connected in Car Via USB Has No Song Info Or In-Vehicle Control

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

IPhone SE

Operating System

iOS 13 Latest

My Question or Issue

Since implementing iOS 13 and the latest Spotify App update on my iPhone SE, when I connect to my 2015 Camry (non-Car-Play) via USB, the music plays through the car speakers but the in-vehicle display has no song information (except song length and current position in-song) and the in-vehicle controls (pause, song forward/back) no longer function. Control is only available via the iPhone itself.  It works fine via Bluetooth. Originally the car behaved this way, then for years it worked via USB and Bluetooth and now it back this way again. I have made to firmware changes in-vehicle. I will also say that recently I removed the one song I had in Apple Music. Some folks say in other posts that having no Apple Music song might result in this. It sure would be great if Spotify and Apple could fix this. Thanks for your support. 

2 Replies

Sorry, to clarify: I have made NO firmware changes in-vehicle since purchasing it.

Same here, I see the correct metadata flash for a second, then only the album art and the song length guage.

Suggested posts