Spotify iOS App for iPhone 4 - So slow!

Highlighted
11 people liked this

Spotify iOS App for iPhone 4 - So slow!

diegop16
Regular

Hi.. Since I've installed the latest update for my iPhone 4 my experience with Spotify has been terrible. The app is so laggy everywhere, pretty much unusable and frustrating. I'm a recent premium user. I'm happy with the service itself on my Mac for example. But I'm seriously considering to cancel my subscription due to this issues with the app on my iPhone.... I really can't use the service on it. I hope you fix it soon.. I've reinstalled it, deleted my offline lists but its the same. That app is not optimized for iPhone 4.

Hope someone read this and worry for their users.....

15 Replies

Re: Spotify iOS App for iPhone 4 - So slow!

Josh
Community Legend

Hello!

What iOS version are you running? Also, you can try the iOS 4 version on your phone, it may work better. It does not have the latest features though, such as radio and discover. 

EDIT: Just found out, Spotify has removed the iOS 4 version of the app from the App Store :(

Hope this helped :)

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

3 people liked this

diegop16
Regular

Hi, I'm running iOS 7.0.4 (latest) with Spotify 0.9.1 (latest)... With the previous 0.8 version the app was working fine but now is terrible.. Clearly they didnt even test it on an iPhone 4 because it wouldn pass any quality test..

1 person liked this

AnthonyP123
Casual Listener

Same deal for me, I'm running the latest version of sotify on IOS7, iPhone 4. It's a very cumbersome and slow app, clearly the iPhone 4 / IOS7 combination isn't being considered as a target platform for this app. I wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't paying £7.99 for this service.

2 people liked this

pjelar

I'm having the same problem. Very slow compared to the previous version.

Peter__
Community Legend
@pjelar - What version of iOS are you using?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

1 person liked this

SnipaTM

Same deal here, everything is the latest update and it takes 15-45 seconds to be able to change song.

Any longer than that it crashes.
5gb freespace on my iphone so it cant be that.

Used to be as smooth as cutting butter.

1 person liked this

Malteasers
Regular
update to iOS 7.1?
3 people liked this

jt77
Music Fan

Same here. Really disgraceful, and my premium subscription is now cancelled. I'm not paying good money for a rubbish product.

theawalker

SUGGESTED POSTS