Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify iOS app not playing the next track automatically.

Solved!

Spotify iOS app not playing the next track automatically.

Hello there,

I've been using the Spotify iPhone app for about 2 months now. It worked like a dream for the first month and a half but now it's barely usable, in my opinion. When I start the app up and play a song, the app will not automatically play the next track, no matter if shuffle is on or off. I've tried researching the issue before making a post so I'm certain this is not the issue where the next track is not automatically played when you're playing a track from Search (a setting that developers apparently purposely put in--which has its merits). My app is not playing the next track no matter if it's from the Search screen, one of my playlists, or one of my friends' playlists.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled, rebooted my phone, checked all the settings (to my knowledge) and still have not come up with a solution. I am currently running iOS 5.1 on my iPhone. Am I crazy? Spotify is a great product but not being able to use the mobile app is really pushing me to cancel my subscription.

Thanks,

Eric

P.S. Obviously a reply with a solution would be ideal but any reply from a moderator would be great. Even one that just says "We've logged the issue and are looking into it." At least it will give me hope for the future Smiley LOL.

143 Replies

When I used to have this problem it was due to lack of free space on my phone. Try clearing up some space and then reinstall the app.

Just signed up a family account and was about to cancel my apple music family account due to missing content but having this stupid issue, really annoying when mid set in the gym and the music dies. £14.99 pm for something that can't do something so basic as play the next song on an iphone 7 with 70gb free space.... thought spotify was the king of streaming, but it can't even play the next song. Pathetic.

I had the same issue some time back, like 2 years ago and its been fine. Maybe remove spotify and then install again ?
but I agree its ANOYING

5 years later and this is still an issue :thumbsdown:

Suggested posts