Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is automatically enhancing my playlists...

Spotify is automatically enhancing my playlists...

Whenever I'm listening to a playlist, take a break and then try to resume listening later, songs that I did not add to the playlist(s) wind up in the queue. For example, I started listening to a playlist today when driving, got home and stopped listening for a while, then tried to resume an hour later while jogging (by clicking the play button on the song that was in the middle of playing when I got home earlier) and several songs I did not add came up during my jog. The "enhance" button was not clicked, and the playlists haven't been played through completely... is there a way to disable this completely? It happens regularly and it's kind of annoying. I'm on IOS. Thanks!
3 Replies

Hi,

Thanks for your post in the Community!

This sounds strange at first sight to be honest. Could you clarify a bit, if this is happening to your own playlists, or you observe this "unwanted enhancement" on Spotify created playlists, like the ones made for you?

Also if it's possible send us a link to such a playlist, so we can take a closer look and give you a better advice. 

Also, check out if you've not shared a collaborative link to someone, because then anyone who has the link to that public playlist and follows it can add songs to it. You can read more on the Collaborative features of playlists here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Kiril. Thanks for the reply. It happened again earlier today; when I got in my car this morning, my phone connected to the car's stereo, Spotify resumed playing where I left off the previous day (mid-song), but the next two songs that came up were ones I'd never heard of, and were not on the playlist.

It’s a playlist I created, the "enhance" button had not been clicked, and no one else has added anything to it (I just double-checked to make sure).

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2upu2O8pDBktfkcMMzluWm?si=HPs8aA04S5W8XQ6rl2g3_g

Again, it only seems to happen when I take a break from listening; if I open Spotify, select a playlist and start listening, things function normally. It’s only when I take a break from listening and resume later that it throws other songs in. It’s almost like Spotify “forgets” I was listening to a playlist.

(it's happened with other playlists, too, so it isn't specific to this one)

Thanks!

Hi @jeremy93!

Are you able to consistently reproduce this behavior? If yes, then a short screen recording which shows the issue in action would be greatly appreciated. That way we can get a clear understanding of what's happening on your end.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Thanks and cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts