Spotify is extremely slow to sync offline playlists on iOS

Solved!

Re: Spotify is extremely slow to sync offline playlists on iOS

mgmoya
Regular

I have the same problem here in Chile with the SLOOOOOOOW offline playlist syncing process on iPhone 5 with iOS 6.0.2

Months ago take about 30-20 seconds to sync 1 song, today take about 1 HOUR! to sync 1 SONG, this is INSANE!!!

Even my iPhone 5 are EXTREMELY heat because I trying to sync one of my 500 songs offline playlist since 2 days ago without stop, and only completes the 30% of the process at this time.

I'm suscriptor of the Spotify Premium anual plan and my speed of International Internet Connection is 80mbps, really all this thing is RIDICULOUS!!!

erfenix

Solution... at least for me worked. Simply restart your router

Anyway I have no problem witth 3G sync, yes with wifi... restart router solves it.

Ios 6.01. Iphone 5.

Hope it helps.

Converge

It's still really slow but I read that small fix a few pages back from this about going into the wireless settings on the iPhone and turning the http proxy to "Auto" which seemed to have sped the thing up but not drastically.

I was syncing like 3-4 songs every 10/20 mins or so, now it seems a bit reasonable at around maybe 10-20 songs every 5 mins or so, maybe not 5 minutes but there was a good enough change to warrant me posting on here :) after following this thread as a guest for the past 2/3 months >_>

Maybe one day Spotify can improve the iOS app and actually make it sync as fast as itunes can with the phone :|

Solution!

Sanderz
Casual Listener

i just checked prxy to auto in my wifi settings on my iPhone 3GS and it flies again like a bird!

redcarpet26
Regular
The issue is iPhone 5. I just checked the proxy settings. No dice. Even tried turning off wpa on my router and reset my network settings on the phone. I even restored my phone in iTunes
Solution!

mgmoya
Regular

On iPhone 5 I set Proxy to Auto and finally works extremely fast.

StRyDeRxX
Regular
Works for me as well.

redcarpet26
Regular
Oops. Restart your phone after you enable proxy. It seems better now. Still could be faster though but it's doing a song every two minutes now.

redcarpet26
Regular
It's still lightning fast on LTE. Spotify needs to fix it. Not me. Or at least give me an official answer how to fix it.

ALTRON
Music Fan

The only thing that sped up transfers to something a little more tolerable on my iphone 5 was switching my router to b only.

SUGGESTED POSTS