Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keep downloading datas on cellular network

Spotify keep downloading datas on cellular network

Hello,

I just noticed my data limit of my phone plan has just been reached, because Spotify is downloading datas although I turned off the option "Download over 2G, 3G" and I'm playing music that is available offline (playlist shows a green arrow).

I made a test today on my way to work: 30min playback of offline playlist, it has downloaded 45.5 Mb. What the **bleep** has been downloaded? Maybe the cover images but it's not working every time. And honestly: 30 min = 6-8 songs, so the images would weight 5-6 Mb each...

I know I could turned off the data consume in the iOS Settings, but I want to have to possibility to stream a song when I want.

After the problem with the desktop app that write to many datas, I'm going to think that Spotify has a really big issue with data management...

1 Reply

Yep similar issue for me. Drive to work and back listening to spotify tracks which have been dowloded to the device, toal listening time of say 1 hour. iOS mobile data usage is showing 245mb!!! I also have the cellular download switched off. I've blown through my 2Gb data allowance this month already and don't reset for another 10 days!

Suggested posts