Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps crashing iPhone 6 (iOS 9)

Solved!

Spotify keeps crashing iPhone 6 (iOS 9)

Every time I try to play a song it plays for 5-30 seconds and then the app crashes. I basically CAN'T use the app on my iPhone at all at this point. Does anyone have any recommended solutions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I was actually able to resolve the issue ...kind of.

I deleted and re-installed the app.

One unique (perhaps?) aspect of my library is I had A LOT of songs saved down for offline play. I have a 128 GB iPhone and my Spotify app composed ~60-70 GB of that space (because I saved down everything in 320kb). 

After I re-installed, I did NOT re-sync all of my offline songs... In short, I am wondering if the large size of my offline sync was affecting the app performance and causing it to crash.

I may try again to re-sync the offline songs in the near future — I will comment back if it starts to cause crashes again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I'm having the same problem on both my apple products. The app works for a few days and then freezes. When I close it and then reopen it, i can't log in because it's frozen on the log in screen. When I do mange to hit the log in through Facebook button, it goes through the process but then freezes again.  I've uninstalled the app multiple times and even disconnected my Facebook account from the app to get it to work. I still can't log in and when I can it's frozen. So some kind of help so I don't have to keep going through this junk would be great. 

Marked as solution

I was actually able to resolve the issue ...kind of.

I deleted and re-installed the app.

One unique (perhaps?) aspect of my library is I had A LOT of songs saved down for offline play. I have a 128 GB iPhone and my Spotify app composed ~60-70 GB of that space (because I saved down everything in 320kb). 

After I re-installed, I did NOT re-sync all of my offline songs... In short, I am wondering if the large size of my offline sync was affecting the app performance and causing it to crash.

I may try again to re-sync the offline songs in the near future — I will comment back if it starts to cause crashes again.

I'm at my wits end with this, app will run for 5-45 mins and then just crash mid song. I uninstalled and it worked better for about a month but over the last week I've had the same problem. I've also tried deleting bulk saved songs, tried being on offline mode, tried restarting the phone, turning off other apps but still it's happening. It actually never happened until apple brought out one of their 'updates' a few months back which makes me wonder if the app isnt completely compatible with the updates. I've noticed it has a high tendency to crash when I'm going through bad reception areas or when it switches from wifi to cellular data. I need this fixed, I'll give apple the boot if I have to.

I'm having this same issue, particularly when moving through areas of bad reception. Turning on airplane mode appears to help but obviously that is no good when I need to use data.

Suggested posts