Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps crashing on my iPhone 5S

Spotify keeps crashing on my iPhone 5S

Hello guys.

I press the Spotify app, see the three dots ... and then it shuts down. I am using the latest version of Spotify and iOS.

I have app. 10 playlists. My iPhone is not jailbroken.

I have tried a soft reset, I have tried reinstalling the app but nothing works. This has happened to me before and I think I just ignored it until Spotify released an update. I don't really understand the pattern. All of a sudden it just starts crashing.

Do you have any suggestions on what to do? I am reaching a point where I don't really see the point in paying for my subscription.

3 Replies

Does it shut down automatically shortly after you see the 3 dots or does it just vanish when the screen goes to sleep?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It shuts down automatically.

That is definitely weird, and the fact it has happened in the past is also worrying. I have a feeling although you only have a small number of playlists, there is something wrong with the data in one of them. It might be a good idea to get in touch with the Spotify support team directly using the online contact form and ask them to check this out, as they will be able to see if any of your playlists are damaged.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts