Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps crashing with brand new update

Spotify keeps crashing with brand new update

Hi. I have the lastest version of spotify that was updated this morning sometime, August 10th. I was just listening to music last night, and now whenever I try opening spotify it keeps crashing. Every single time. This is getting very irritating as I have premium and would like to listen to music on my iPod touch 5th gen. I hear you have had problems like this in the past, Spotify. You should really fix them if you want people to hold onto their premium accounts. I only have a few days before I will have to cancel if this "bug" doesn't get fixed. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
9 Replies

Me too, except on an iPhone 6, latest IOS. The app stops playing and crashes. Also tried to just play offline content, same thing. Had to switch to Tidal to alleviate my need for noise

@bottin77 when will they fix it and can't a moderator or whatever see the issues?

Same problem. Was working yesterday. It updated automatically and now it crashes every single time. I use a 4s. iOS 7.

Same problem here.

was working this morning, seems to have auto updated and now keeps crashing whenever I try to open the app!

sort it out please Spotify!!!

The app on my iphone 5s started crashing just about a day or two ago.  The weird thing is when I'm connected to my wifi at home it works fine but when I'm on cell (LTE) verizon I go to open it and it immediately crashes and will not stay open.  Hope this helps...

I have had exactly the same proble when I updated to the latest version 3.7.0. Never had this problem before. Sometime after August 10, the app started crashing.  When I'm connected to wifi it starts up fine but when I'm on cell (Sprint) I go to open it and it immediately crashes and will not stay open.  Every single time. This is getting very irritating as I have premium and would like to listen to music on my 4S (7.1.2) . Spotify should really fix them if they want people to hold onto their premium accounts. I'm cancelling if this "bug" doesn't get fixed.

This is still an issue for me and its 10.28.2015, I'm thinking about cancelling myself, its a shame.

Same problem as everyone else. Love using Spotify (when it works) but I won't pay for a service that's not going to work. From the sounds of things a lot of people are having this same issue so surely we can expect it to be fixed sooner rather than later?

Me too. It's been way too long waiting for this problem to be fixed. I also have problems saving albums and artists to 'my music' which means I also can't download for offline use. Paying for premium isn't worth it if the premium features (or even the free features - songs stop playing after a minute or two) don't work. I'm going to try and get an actual response from Spotify. If that doesn't work I'll be cancelling my subscription. Have been using Spotify for years and not had problems until recently 😞

Suggested posts