Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps logging me out of my iphone and deleting all my saved music

Spotify keeps logging me out of my iphone and deleting all my saved music

Sometimes when I turn my phone off it will log me out and my saved music will get deleted
6 Replies

Hey @Johnwalker25!

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community. We'd like to help. 

Best thing to try is a reinstall. Here's how. Once you've reinstalled the app, you'll have to re-sync your offline tracks.

If that doesn't work, can you let us know what Spotify version you're rocking? We'll check. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. We'll be here for you 🙂

Sophia, 

The same thing keeps happening to me. I have reinstalled several time but it still doesn't work. I'm considering cancelling my Spotify Premium subscription and moving to Apple Music...

This keeps happening to me too. I downloaded about 650 songs and then suddenly Spotify logged me off and they weren't there. I began to re-download, then the same thing happened

I am now in a country with high data costs and cannot keep re-downloading, apart from the time and inconvenience. This makes Spotify Premium not worth having. 

Clearly this issue has been unresolved for years as I've seen posts on it going back from 2012. Surprising that it hasn't been resolved in 5 years... 

Same issue for me. I rarely power off my phone completely, but after doing so yesterday, I found Spotify had logged me out. I'm now waiting for 1500 songs to re-download. 

Me too, and it always seems to happen when I am going on a road trip for some reason. I wonder if it has to do with the phone being connected or disconnected to a network when the program shuts down or starts up again..? Maybe there is a check sent out to let the system know you have logged out, that doesn't get sent then this causes the login to backfire and reset?

Exact same problem. Every time I power off or restart my phone I’m logged out and all my offline music has to be downloaded again. Facing this issue for a year now. Highly annoying.

Current device: iPhone 7 plus

Spotify version: 8.4.28.1104

Please fix this issue Spotify!

Suggested posts