Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps needing to reload itself when you go back to using it on iPhone

Spotify keeps needing to reload itself when you go back to using it on iPhone

I've noticed that if you been using Spotify and then stop using it for a while (because you using some other app) it almost always needs to reload itself. It never used to do this. You used to be able to go back to Spotify when it was open in the background and carry on from where you were, without having to wait for it to reload, it was there ready to go. Now however you almost always have to wait for the 3 dot loading screen before you can start using it again. It's very annoying! I noticed it because I used to plug my phone into the car and it would play where it left off in Spotify (as long as I hadn't played anything in another music player). Now though it always kicks off Apples native music player because Spotify need reloading. It's done this since iOS7. Never used to unless it has properly crashed.
4 Replies

It doesn't do this for me when the application is playing, which makes me wonder is it going to sleep to preserve battery life or something in iOS 7.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No it doesn't do it whilst your using the app, just if you stop using it and uses some other apps, then go back to it.

Yeah that is true. But I'm wondering is this a feature of iOS 7 not just Spotify, since my Facebook appears to do the same thing? Just initialisation on Spotify takes much much longer!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeah I think you're right about it being a iOS7 problem, I just found this thread about this issue
http://forums.imore.com/ios-7/269721-ios-7-apps-reset-refresh-themselves-lose-their-place-after-swit...

Suggested posts