Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps playing an unwanted song.

Solved!

Spotify keeps playing an unwanted song.

I have a premium account in Belgium and is having an issue with Spotify playing an unwanted song in iOS. It is not only starts playing when I start listening after a break, but it even interferes with songs I am listening, end even (!) starts on its own in a while after I stop it.

The song is "Toss It" by Manuellsen. Is it in promotion or something? 

Honestly, I am really **bleep** off. My free plan worked better than premium.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

One more thing: "Signout everywhere" in the Account, this is what seemed to have helped to prevent other songs interfering. I do not think it was mentioned in any of the proposed solutions, I found it in this question 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @expat007, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help out!
Could you try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app following the steps provided in this Spotify Answer? If that doesn't help, could you let me know what iPhone model you have, as well as the iOS version? You can find this info by going to Settings > General > About. 

Also, reset your password here, just in case - and to make sure your account is secured and is used by you only.

You can also send me screenshot of what is happening exactly, making sure that you hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Billy-J ,

Thanks for the reply, I re-installed Spotify, and changed the password. 

I still have the same issue. I select a song to play and sooner or later another song interferes. Sometimes it lets me listen to one or more songs from my selection and sometimes it just starts playing in the middle of my song. Today is not only the "Toss It" I mentioned in the original post, but other songs. They are not from any my playlists or followed artists. This is extremely disturbing.

All this happens when I listen on an external device (a Libratone wi-fi speaker) from my iPhone SE (not the recent one, the older one) iOS 13.4.1. I did not have a chance to check if the same thing happens with other devices or being played from iPad, for example. But, in fact, it does not matter.  

I cannot imagine how screenshots can help, because it's just: one song playing and another (unwanted) song start playing.

Hey @expat007,

Thanks for the details.

In this case, I'd recommend checking out this support article for the next steps to take. 

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It seems that my account has actually been hacked. 

I also discovered that the family plan that I have is full with completely unknown people. I removed them all, of course. Lol. Very stupid of my but I never expected this from Spotify to be that vulnerable.

There's a nice tread about Spotify hacked accounts on Reddit, btw.

Marked as solution

One more thing: "Signout everywhere" in the Account, this is what seemed to have helped to prevent other songs interfering. I do not think it was mentioned in any of the proposed solutions, I found it in this question 

Suggested posts