Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps skipping and stopping with headphones

Spotify keeps skipping and stopping with headphones

Recently my Spotify has been randomly skipping forwards , pausing and enabling Siri but this only happens when using headphones. It happens with all songs , both on WiFi and off and I’m a premium user so please help! 

7 Replies

Could I ask what headphones you’ve been using? Might be able to help. 

Hi, only the standard apple headphones, the model before they brought out the air pods i believe, but not the oldest version if that makes sense? However the problem only occurs when using the headphones for spotify, no other music app?

Sent from my iPhone

Oh so it’s the app. Try the standard things like logging out and in & deleting the app and reinstalling. 

Yes, have already tired both things , still no solution

I have the exact same problem, I just bought these headphones yesterday (just random ones not apple or anything) and the exact things happen. I stopped the siri thing by disabling siri but I don't no what else to do.

I experienced a similar problem a while ago. I had the same issues: stopping, skipping and Siri (Voice control). The issue turned out to be on the hardware of my headphones rather than in the software (although the issues varied on different apps).

Here's the thing: Some headphones are capable of doing x thing more than just a regular R L headphones. You recognize these type of headphones when the 3,5 mm jack has more than 2 lines in it. The third stripe means the headphones are capable of functionality of sorts. In this case (iOS) it's capable of answering calls, using Siri and pausing

When my headphones tilted, they started skipping songs and calling people because of the broken functionality center it has accessed.

Your solution: Test out Spotify with different 3+ stripe headphones

If the problem resolves consider buying a new set of headphones.

-Akira

Hi there,

Try reading this thread. According to some users, it has something to do with the headphone plug touching the aluminium body of the iPhone which causes it to respond to some electrical signals.

Regards,

Martin

Suggested posts