Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify kids offline not available

Spotify kids offline not available

Hi!

I'm a premium subscriber and have downloaded Spotify Kids.  I've spent a bit of time trying to find the offline button/toggle anywhere in the app.  

I'm sure I'm missing something- would love some help on this.  

I'm in the US and my app is up to date.  I'm using Spotify Kids on an iPad.  

Thanks much, 

Amandapetunia

23 Replies

Hey @amandapetunia, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

They would have to download the songs first before they can listen offline. If they want to toggle Offline Mode, they can go to Settings (gear icon) > Playback > Offline to ON.

Let me know what happens.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. I cannot find those options in the Spotify Kids app, only in the main app. But the Spotify Kids main site does say it's possible to "Play their favorites offline and ad-free". 

Did anyone find out how to do that? Or perhaps it happens automatically for every song they stream once? It'd be great to have the option to download entire playlists, like on the main app.

Thanks!

I ended up contacting support- the way to save things offline is to
favorite/heart them.

Hey @gsudre,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

As @amandapetunia mentioned, when a song is Liked (💚), it's automatically saved for offline listening, so there's no need to actually 'enable' that function.

Regarding your suggestion, we're always testing new features and improvements, and we'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the right folks.

If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Have a good one!

CarlosEModerator

Is there a way to make a shared playlist available for offline listening in Spotify kids? I’ve shared a playlist with my daughter, but it can’t be accessed while offline and cannot set any of the songs as a favorite (heart) for offline listening. Is there a solution? 

Hey there @Cesarfam,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Currently there is no way to download shared playlists on the Kids app. You can only download the streamable curated content.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the latest version of the Kids Spotify app on my daughters iPad. I have gone through the songs she likes and hearted all that she does. The iPad is on WiFi but no songs are available with no WiFi. Is the function for offline broken or not available for the UK or Apple devices or both.

Thanks

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We can confirm that the feature for offline listening is available in every market where the Kids app is available. Could you try reinstalling the Kids app to see if that makes any difference?

If the issue persists, can you send us a screenshot or screen recording of how the Kids app looks like when not connected to WiFi? We'd like to take a closer look to have a better understanding of what's going on.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

how about the opposite. NOT allowing the offline? is there a way?

Hi @mgarcia0720!

Currently, the only way to control offline content on the Spotify Kids app is via liking songs. All liked songs are made available for offline listening, while those that aren't cannot be accessed without internet connection.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

OK, I get it, so only liked songs are available offline. But what if I want to make an entire album/audio book available offline?

Do you really expect me to navigate to all 50 songs and like each and every song? I really don't think this is user friendly, please think about a solution to have playlists or albums offline.

Hey @gooqx,

Thanks for the reply.

Currently it is not possible to download content for offline listening on the Kids app by a different route.

But as we strive to constantly improve the user experience on our platform, we hope to see some implementations, that help our younger users to enjoy their favorite tunes in offline mode.

In the meantime you can vote for this idea, proposing a similar feature.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

We would also like for shared playlists to be available for download/offline listening. Thanks

Hi there @Clmurchison,

Thank you for your feedback.

We've passed this on to the development teams 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Can I ask what the rationale is for refusing to allow kids to make shared playlists available offline? We've just made playlists for the family for a long trip, but have now discovered our youngest won't be able to listen to hers on the Spotify kids app while she travels. What could possibly be a good reason for imposing that restriction, after finally allowing parents to share music with their children?

I’d like to add my voice in wanting downloadable shared playlists in Spotify Kids. We recently upgraded so our son could listen to music on his terms and loved that we had the option to share playlists. But it was disappointing when my son found out that he can’t listen to his favorite Michael Jackson music while out and about due to the download restrictions. 

disappointing! my son found out that he can’t listen to his favorite music while out and about, no offline shared playlist available still at the end of 2022.

I agree, this seems like a labor intensive workaround.  It would be ideal to have a toggle offline/online button like the main Spotify app.

Hi Alex, Are there any plans for Spotify to implement this function? without this it's really useless for our case as our kids take Spotify on their long bus commutes and want to access shared library offline

Suggested posts