Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

iPhone 7 Plus

Software

iOS 13.7

My Question or Issue

I have been waiting for an update but I still have not gotten the Spotify lyrics feature on my Spotify app. My family members within the same premium plan have received the update, even someone I know with a free Spotify plan & the same phone model has received Spotify lyrics.

I've tried redownloading the app multiple times and logging out as well. Nothing seems to be happening. Even going to designated lyric playlists, I only see fun facts about the songs -_-

What is going on? I seem to be the only one facing this?!

28C8F1CC-BCC8-449D-9D9F-CB5F1FB57EFD.png
5EE7DBE6-EB5B-424E-BD12-E9563E60E185.png
6 Replies

I have the same problem, I change some settings of the app, but the problem persist. It’s frustrating, I want a resolution please!

Hey @minbutt and @Nathyv,

Thanks for for searching for the answer you need here.

If the lyrics feature isn't available to to you, we suggest that you log out and back in two times in a row. That should ensure that your account is properly synched up with our servers. 

Keep in mind that the lyrics feature isn't rolled out to 100% of our users yet. If the steps above don't do the trick, a possible workaround could be to create a new account. If you have the lyrics feature available there, you can use the steps here to transfer your music library and followers.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I also facing same problem. Tried to log in twice in a row as you suggest. The problem still persisted.

Hi everyone,

Glad to have you on the Community! 

As @Mihail mentioned, this is one of our new features that we’re trying out. We always test possible improvements, so you might not see something your friends and family do.

We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure your voice is heard!

For now, you can consider adding your vote to this idea to show your support.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

We hope you'll find this info useful and we’ll be here for you if there's anything else you'd like to ask.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

The lyrics feature is officially released in Malaysia. It’s not in testing.

https://twitter.com/spotifymy/status/1278995396170092545?s=21

Hey @AeroZ,

Thank you for your post.

Keep in mind that when a feature is officially released, there are still tests being carried out by or developer team. This is the reason why as @Xenia mentioned, certain aspects of the app might differ between users and their availability might change over time.

Currently there isn't a way to manually determine which accounts take part in A/B testing groups. That's why we recommend to everyone who's missing the lyrics feature in a region where it's officially released, to create a new account and see if it's available there. By using these steps they can transfer their whole music collection so nothing gets lost.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts